This video has been making it’s way around the Internet. I love it because it shows the power of words. Whether you love reading, write novels, or craft marketing copy, treat yourself to the next two minutes.
I’ve been a huge proponent of the Amazon Kindle, but today I attended a class about the Barnes and Noble Nook, which is a slightly different platform. Less a dedicated ereader and more a mini-tablet, the Nook uses the Android operating system. Here’s what B&N rep Mark Hollingsworth had to share about publishing for this device:
PubIt! Is the new Barnes and Noble online, digital self-publishing platform. Independent publishers and authors can upload their ebooks and make them available for sale on bn.com.
Uploading and selling is a 3-step process through pubit.com. Setup an account, upload your ebook and cover art, let PubIt! Convert your Word, HTML, TXT or RTF file into the epub format. Within 72 hours, it’s available to your customers…and it’s free! There’s simply a royalty-share upon sale.
- ebook sales will reach $9.6 billion by 2012 and surpass paper books by 2018 (PricewathouseCoopers).
- Book sales dipped 1.8% in 2009. Ebook sales rose 176% (AAP).
- Nook represents 25% of the ebook marketshare (CNET 2/2011).
eReaders and eBooks are popular because:
- Adjustable font sizes for comfort
- Large storage
- Ease of use
When you publish with PubIt!, you control:
- Your copy
- Your cover art
- Your book description
- Your pricing
- …and you can make changes whenever you want
Who’s on PubIt?
- More than 11,000 independent publishers/authors in 4 months.
- 35 PubIt! titles are currently among the top 200 NOOK books sold.
- PubIt! added more than 65,000 new works to the NOOK bookstore.